Many people ask: psoriasis is contagious or not. This is natural, after all, the disease is quite common. The vast majority of people fear the contact with the man, that in visible skin psoriatic papules. As this fear is justified, to discover the success of this article.
It is contagious and if psoriasis?
Pathogens disease are not infection and microbes, which to others are potentially dangerous and, in white blood cells, produced by the body of the patient.
The communication with the person is suffering from psoriasis, can cause discomfort aesthetic. Moreover, this type of contact is completely harmless to healthy people. The claim that the psoriasis is contagious and dangerous to others ─ just a common myth.
How it is transmitted psoriasis?
A healthy person to contract psoriasis of the patient is impossible. Psoriasis is not passed:
- After contact with skin, through the use of some items of daily use with a patient (bed linen, towels, crockery).
- Through saliva, sweat.
- Sexually transmitted diseases.
- When bedside.
- Through the blood.
And by inheritance to get a predisposition to the onset of psoriasis can be. Genetic factor in the development of the disease plays a fundamental role. The probability that this disease is passed from mother to son high. It is 40-50%. If you get sick of both parents, then the risk that the disease appears with her son, gets to 75%.
The psoriasis patients, that the changes occur at the cellular level and in the tissue of skin coverage. These mutations are pathogenic are transmitted to the children at the genetic level. Their presence leads to change of exchange processes and the development of the disease.
Manifests itself psoriasis of the optional leather in the next generation. It may occur through the generation. The disease often lies in the latent state. People do not have a clue about the existence of a predisposition to its development.
There are situations in the first psoriatic papules are formed in children, over time, appear parents. This tells about the presence of the disease on the line hereditary.
The first symptoms of psoriasis
Psoriasis ─ non-infectious disease. But it is important to identify it, not to be confused with other dermatological diseases that are transmitted from contact.
With the development of psoriasis isolated patches of red color are formed on the surface of the skin. First, they have small dimensions. Education fast enough to grow. Layer cornea eruptions strongly flaking and transforms into plates. Is papules. Space location itching. The first eruptions occur, generally, in the curves of the body (knees, elbows, shoulders, head, back.
Characteristics of psoriasis:
- The formation of "stearic spot" ─ flakes papules quickly peel when the light of a touch on its surface.
- The emergence of a "terminal film" ─ after the exfoliation flaking of the surface of the skin becomes thin and shiny, as if wet.
- The effect of "a dew" ─ if you damage the terminal film on the surface to form small drop of blood, like drops of dew.
Although psoriasis is not infected, it is very dangerous disease. To treat it you need to when the first symptoms. This disease affects the skin, but also the internal organs. Therein lies the danger. If you do not pass in a timely manner to the course of treatment, hand-picked the doctor, can develop serious complications:
- The defeat of the nail plate.
- The defeat of the joints, the development of psoriatic arthritis. The disease can take pathological, the impact on the spine, which leads to the inability.
- Diseases of the eye ─ conjunctivitis, episcleritis, uveitis.
- The defeat of the mucosa ─ if the label appear on the urethra, the bladder, is a threat interstitial prostatitis.
- Disease of the kidney and liver.
- The increase in inguinal as well as femoral lymph node.
- Pain muscle, your weakening.
- The defeat of the nervous system ─ it receives the risk of developing epilepsy, encephalopathy, polyneuritis.
Psoriasis ─ a systemic disease that affects all organs. Available lethal when too much of the running of the stage.
Treated if psoriasis?
Cure psoriasis is totally impossible. It is a chronic disease. However, the methods of modern medicine, minimize the pace of its development, to delight you prolong the period of remission. It can last for years and even tens of years.
The main types of treatment of psoriasis:
- The ultraviolet radiation.
- The therapy laser.
- PUVA therapy.
- Hormonal medication, in particular, the ointment.
- The use of flavor of retinoids.
- The monoclonal antibodies.
A special diet
The maximum efficiency demonstrates an integrated approach in the treatment.
Psoriasis is not contagious. It is not transmitted, regardless of the form of direct contact with the patient. But the disease has the character of inheritance. When in a kind of someone who has psoriasis (even grandparents-grandmothers, aunts-uncle), the person has a genetic predisposition for their development.