Psoriasis – the nasty skin is a disease in which the body is covered with rashes red, and they merge in points. A person can bother the itching, which does not give to sleep, and when you get the complications such as arthritis can disturb strong pains in the joints. Psoriasis significantly affects the quality of life. Studies show that patients feel as bad as the people who have suffered heart attacks, suffer from heart failure or severe hypertension.
Unfortunately, the doctors still haven't found the answer to the question of how to cure psoriasis. All that is offered by the pharmaceutical industry and medicine – ointments, creams, light, medicines for immunity – brings only a temporary relief. Other measures – psychotherapy, intake of vitamins, the diet when psoriasis are not a cure and help improve the state.
The disease psoriasis
Psoriasis of the leather
Psoriasis of the leather – not-transmitted diseases defeat of the skin, which is affected by about 4% of the population. The reason your possibly not been revealed, but the basic version is the genetic violation. Not less popular of the opinion that the psoriasis – autoimmune disease. Attention to version of source infectious disease.
But, whatever the cause of the disease, psoriasis of the leather delivery good dose of suffering to the patients – are concerned with intense itching and constantly growing skin inflammation, and over time they may join pain in the joints, which speak about the development of arthritis.
The treatment of psoriasis in the initial phase, when they spend the aid of tools, in which are included the weak hormones. If they don't help, and the process progresses, you should go for the more powerful hormones. In addition to the patients is assigned to physiotherapy in the form of ultraviolet radiation, ultrasound, laser and electrosleep.
When worsening can be used in the reception of hormonal medication and sedatives inside, purify the body of toxins by sorbents and plasmapheresis. In the absence of effect patient requested treatment Immunopreparat.
The symptoms of psoriasis is so characteristic, that allow unmistakable and quickly establish the diagnosis. The main manifestation of the disease – red flaky (platelet) on the surface of the skin consist of papules. Patients concerned about severe itching and signs of inflammation in the area of points. One of the characteristics of psoriasis – distribution of plates, where there is damage to the skin – microtrauma, scrapes, cracks. Favorite the location of eruptions on the head under the hair, the extensor surfaces of the joints, lumbar spine and sacrum, in all the natural folds of the skin. Sometimes, the disease affects the nail plate, which can become thinner or thicker, covered in stains, grooves, and notches.
Psoriasis is different from that current in which the periods of exacerbation of squatters are replaced remission. Many patients point out that not can associate some event in your life with incipient peak. During this period, the symptoms of psoriasis manifest themselves more clearly – the shell is reinforced, redness spots, it becomes clear bright, as a result of shedding of scales of skin infection and perhaps suppuration of plaques.
Depending on, a moment which aggravates the disease, distinguish their form of winter, of summer, which is not dependent on the seasons of the year. Most patients suffering from the winter form, the symptoms that disappear under the influence of the summer sun. When saving, the type of disease it while, on the contrary, is deteriorating due to natural ultraviolet light.
Phase of psoriasis
Psoriasis the initial phase of
To assess the severity of psoriasis and its stage are used different scales, in which are shown:
- The area of rash
- The degree of manifestation of the disease (redness, itching, the presence of edema and exudate, bleeding surface)
- The common symptoms (emotional and physical general of the state)
- The impact of the disease on the life style and social functions of the person
- The evaluation of the effectiveness of previous attempts at therapy
The initial phase of psoriasis – the phase in which the surface of the skin reached, for not more than 3%, is not affected nails and joints. At this time, you can achieve the reception of remission of the disease.
How to cure psoriasis in the initial phase? The list of medicines and procedures gives a dermatologist, and it may include:
- Creams and ointments based on zinc, salicylic acid, birch tar, as well as in that there is grease.
- Moderate use of hormonal medication.
- The phototherapy.
All destinations (except phototherapy) allow you to treat psoriasis in the house, and not have to resort to the terms and conditions of the hospital.
Middle stage of psoriasis
The middle stage of psoriasis, corresponds to a defeat of the skin ranging from 3 to 10% of the skin. In addition to light and the development of the disease, in this case, the dermatologist will expand the list of assignments:
- Hormonal ointment new generation
- Preparations of retinoids
- Physiotherapy laser, the magnet and the sonication
Serious stage of psoriasis
Serious stage of psoriasis is a defeat by the skin greater than 10%, or to the development of psoriatic arthritis in any square of eruptions. The disease in this stage, cause considerable inconvenience and suffering, because the arthritis can be accompanied by pain, and the large square of rashes accompanied by itching and insomnia.
How to cure severe psoriasis? Here, it is necessary to use the whole set of measures:
- The creation of hypoallergenic of life and diet.
- The normalization of the mode of the day, the elimination of sources of stress.
- Compliance with the rules of personal hygiene.
- The constant hydration and skin treatment pharmacy means of nursing.
- The use of ointments on the basis of retinoids and vitamin D, creams hormonal of the new generation.
- Physiotherapy different directions (electrical to relieve the tension, phototherapy, ultrasound, and laser for skin cleaning). In this stage the disease justifies the assignment of PUVA therapy, in which the ultraviolet is complemented with the acquisition of drugs which increase the effect of radiation.
- The procedure of blood purification – plasmapheresis, hemosorption.
- Immunosuppressants and oral corticosteroids– in some degree is extreme measure, which it is worth to turn to, when other treatment options did not result.
- When some soothing symptoms, patients are advised complete spa and climatic treatment.
Only the set of all the forms of treatment can help reduce the manifestations of severe psoriasis to a minimum.
Causes of psoriasis, up to the present time have not yet been identified. Of course, science has advanced in the field of study of the disease, but the exact answer to the question, why that occurs psoriasis, until now has not been found. It is well known that the dermatosis is not contagious and, therefore, the reason, probably, not infection. Researchers tend to the fact that the disease has the multivariate nature of the fault and disturbances in the metabolism, and problems of immunity.
What are the main versions of the appearance of the disease?
- Some scientists believe that the fault is a defect in the immune system. Auto-immune diseases changes lead to the production of antibodies against the healthy skin particles of the skin begin to reject, as an alien. The result of stress or infection, which is submitted to the body, the immunity is reduced, and starts the engine of the disease. And then it can't be cured – can achieve only temporary improvement. In the framework of the auto-immune version of developing the disease is your explanation for the fact that psoriasis, with time, spreads to other organs and parts of the body – occurs psoriatic arthritis, are surprised with the nails.
- Some studies dedicated psoriasis, showed that the lymph patients have abnormalities. They are increased in size in response to skin inflammation in this region, of which they gather the lymph. The more active the inflammatory process, the more they become to the lymph nodes. This was the basis for the virus theory of the origin of the disease – guilty recognised transmitted by inheritance in a retrovirus. Retrovirus – a type of virus that can change the human genome and contribute to the development of the disease. But in theory, there is a "weak point". The blood that poured out from the donor, the patient of psoriasis, has never been a source of spread of the disease. And if the theory was completely right, the infection with the beneficiary would have happened necessarily.
- Another version – the genetics. It is proven that the presence of a disease in a parent increases the risk of transmitting the defective gene to the child of up to 20%, and if the psoriasis you have both parents, the number rises to 60%.
- Sometimes, the cause of psoriasis is called failure in the endocrine system. It is believed that it is unnecessary to intensive training of skin cells says about the violation of hormonal regulation. However, until the present moment have not been disclosed which hormones directly affect the emergence and the development of psoriasis.
- The changes in metabolism processes, which are observed in all cases of the disease (increase in the amount of cholesterol in the blood, deficiency of vitamins A and e) may also be considered as their cause, because they reduce the protective properties of the body and skin.
- The advocates of the theory neurogênica the emergence of psoriasis believe that the guilt of nerves. The contraction of the muscles of the walls of the blood vessels, which occurs under the influence of mediators of stress, leads to the disruption cell phone power on the skin and the formation of psoriatic plaques. This theory today, unless it is supported by the evidence. On the other hand, it is proven that psoriasis is able to deteriorate from experiences of stress and chronic fatigue.
The treatment of psoriasis in adults
How to treat psoriasis? The medicine still does not give a complete answer to this question, but the principles of therapy worked for a long time already. They can be divided into three groups:
- Eliminating the cause of the disease.
- The removal symptoms.
- Strengthening immunity.
The goal of all the treatment types – translate the disease into remission in the longer term.
The efficacy of the therapy in each case different – unfortunately, there are patients that do not help any type of procedure and medicines.
The largest part of the medication appropriate for the resolution of symptoms is all kinds of ointments and creams, the removal of inflammation and remediando the itching, disinfectants surface, and prevent the suppurative papules and areas of the skin. Are applied based cleaning hormones and without them. Method non-hormonal of external tools is, first of all, the ointment base of salicylic acid, tar, calcium and vitamin D.
The treatment can be complemented by the acquisition within a anti-histamine of tools and sorbents. The anti-histamines to relieve the itching, and sorbents eliminate the gastrointestinal tract of toxins and contribute to the reduction of allergic manifestations. For the purpose of purifying the blood of harmful substances, sometimes, uses plasmapheresis.
To relieve the nervous tension of the patient are assigned sedatives, in the form of special drugs and relaxing shower.
As well as the psoriasis, often explains the immune disorders, the treatment can be applied medications systemic that affect the immunity.
In addition to medicines, the treatment with success, are applied techniques of physical therapy – phototherapy, laser, ultra-sound, magnetic therapy, electrical, x-ray radiation.
The treatment of psoriasis in children
Psoriasis in children causes discomfort and suffering, is often stronger than the adults. Children, because of immature nervous system and psyche, can not bear the pain and the itch, they are disturbing the looks and the curiosity of the healthy surrounding for the children.
The treatment of psoriasis in the childhood, directed to the quick realization of a long remission, and is not fundamentally different from therapy for adults:
- Compliance with hypoallergenic diet with the usual composition of the products: with the exception of fried, salty, acute, contains preservatives, and fruits and vegetables, which can cause allergies.
- The formation of a daily life without allergens (downy pillow, old and dusty things, and Dr).
- Following the advice of occupational health (correct washing, cleansing and moisturizing of the skin with lesions).
- Physiotherapy. Can apply electric, phototherapy, magnetic therapy, ultra-sound and laser. Application of photochemotherapy, because of the potential damage, it is recommended to children less than 15 years.
- A spa treatment with the application of mineral baths and mud for medicinal purposes.
- Local treatment of hormonal and non-hormonal ointments and creams, assignable doctor according to the severity of the disease, the intensity of the manifestations on the skin and a reaction.
- If the treatment is not enough, children can receive the system of procedures and drugs (photochemotherapy UVA, medicines for the exposure of immunity).
Psoriasis – chronic skin disease completely changes the life of a person. To diagnose the disease is easy, because the "brand" psoriatic precipitation are well known to any doctor-dermatologist. The reasons for the defeat of the skin have not been installed yet, and not invented an effective way to get rid of it: nor cream, nor the reception of hormones, or ointment to the psoriasis does not guarantee complete cure. But should not despair! One should always remember that it is not a deadly disease, and because of treatment, respecting the diet, measures of prevention, sanatorium treatment can achieve the reception of remission.